The candidate will be responsible for commissioning, troubleshooting, and repairing the next generation of light rail vehicles in Minneapolis, MN. The technician will need to be familiar with electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems as well as computer networking skills.
• Perform, with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
• Diagnose electrical malfunctions in light rail propulsion control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
• Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
• Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
• Assist other employees as needed.
• Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
• Use PTU’s (laptops) to troubleshoot various systems onboard the Light Rail vehicles.
VR or DMV check needs to be run to ensure that worker has a valid driver's license. Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic troubleshooting. 1-5 years experience working with industrial electrical, and mechanical components is a requirement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High school diploma (or GED)
• Vocational school; certificate in electrical, mechanical specialties
• Minimum 5 years experience in relevant field
• Must be proficient in electrical, hydraulic, mechanical troubleshooting
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they
are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.