Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
As Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position provides support services to the engineering team. You will assist with the project submittal process by managing program files, compiling and tracking specification sheets and other materials, annotating drawings, and updating technical documentation.
- Prepare basic AutoCAD drawings and modify sequences of operations, as directed by Field Engineers.
- Maintain and oversee the filing systems for submittals and AutoCAD files, and the engineering reference
- Perform basic engineering updates from red-line and as-built drawings.
- Select proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Prepare submittals and schedules subsequent to hand-off to Operations.
- Assist Field Engineers with basic calculations to determine compliance with engineering best practices.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in Automation & Controls Technology or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience working with AutoCAD/CAD software; 2+ years preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, CAD Training, or other engineering design software applications
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, talon, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.