Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat We’re looking for
Do you enjoy solving technical software challenges? Are you at your best when writing/designing algorithms with Java? We have an opening for a Software Engineer here at Geolus and hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Geolus Search is our world-leading 3-dimensional shape search engine. Our developers are responsible for the design and implementation of our software; they maintain and develop our client-server application and our extensive suite of tools and plugins. They also work with customers to solve problems and develop innovative ways to searching their data.
If you would like to join an experienced and dynamic team, enthusiastic about exploring and adopting new technologies then we would love to hear from you! Further information about Geolus can be found at:
- Analysing and designing software solutions and algorithms
- Communicating and collaborating with the team and with customers
- Leading on Software projects with responsibilities including: specification, design, implementation and testing
- Deploying and testing in a wide variety of environments
- Ensuring ongoing quality of delivery to customers
- Maintaining existing functionality and troubleshooting customer issues
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering Programming
- Knowledge of Java (you will be writing/designing algorithms in Java) or C or C++
- Strong mathematical capability. Example, experience with computer graphics algorithms, computational geometry, computer vision, general algorithm development or similar
- Proactive and effective self-starter, with outstanding organisation skills and the ability to work effectively in a team, supporting co-workers and leaders to achieve team goals
- Critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills with persistence to see complex issues through to conclusion
- Advanced communications (both written and verbal English)
- Demonstrable experience of the development of scientific or technical software in a commercial environment
- CAD/3D geometry systems – as an end user or software developer
- PDM systems/Teamcenter
- J2EE server-client development
- Open source software libraries, e.g. Apache Axis 2
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Shape matching, particularly in 3D
- Search engine technologies or Cloud technologies
- Database systems, associated languages and tools
- Application server administration
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time