- The wirer will have the responsibility of the wiring processes in a Switchgear and transfer switches manufacturing environment.
- She/he will be accountable to read & understand wiring diagrams, cutsheets and BOMs to perform all wiring activities in assigned job by the lead or supervisor.
- The wirer will be part of a multi-functional production team focused on Switchgear and transfer switches wiring; reporting directly to the production supervisor and coordinated through the Wiring lead. Products are part of the SI EP LP portfolio.
What are the responsibilities?
- Ability to work in a team on complex tasks and get the tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, cutsheets and BOMs provided.
- Ability to build electrical panels using proper power tools and hardware.
- Detail oriented to ensure proper assembly work is done in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Ability to work daily/weekend overtime as required to meet shops demands.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
- Able to read and write.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and bills of material.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 10 hours.
- Ability to operate basic tools.
- Ability to solder a plus, but not required.
- High School Education or GED equivalent
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What additional knowledge/skills, education and experience would be beneficial for this position?
· Technical training (not required but preferred)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.