We are an R&D center located in Prague and our goal is to develop a new generation of devices to control railway traffic. The modernization of the railway tracks is a trending topic worldwide and we are offering them modern, digitalized solutions such as a distributed network of railway control modules, train onboard devices, or a completely new concept of level-crossing.
What does our R&D look like?
Our Prague department consists of more than 100 developers, testers, and other experts. We are developing both software and hardware products with full product responsibility. We take care of the complete development process – from architecture concepts to final validation.
What does your future team look like?
Our Java team has four developers, a scrum master, and a technical product owner who are all working together as an agile scrum team. Their goal is to develop a server-side product for a cyber-security system that will be used by many devices across Siemens Mobility. It is their job is to make sure that all devices which control trains can’t be vulnerable to cyber-security attacks.
Our applications are written in Java and the target system is using Debian GNU/Linux. We have a fully established CI process using Gitlab CI for our automatic tests and build. While working with us, you might also encounter technologies such as: Java 11, Spring Boot, Python (for scripting and testing), REST API, OpenAPI, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, Robot Framework and cyber-security topics such as PKI certificates, TLS and signatures.
What do you need to become a part of our team?
- You can develop in Python
- You understand code written in Java
- Excellent analytical thinking
- You can speak English (the meetings, inputs and outputs of your work will be in English)
What would we appreciate if you have extra?
- Experience with SW testing
- Experience with cyber-security
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Robot Framework
What will be your task?
- Test development in Python and Robot Framework
- Development and update of test environment
- Creation of documentation associated with tests
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time