Business Model Innovation Manager – Digital Industries Business Model Lab
Location: Germany (Nuremberg) – New Normal Working Mode
Thinking Industry Further
Siemens Digital Industries is the innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Together with our partners and customers we drive Digitalization in both the discrete and the process industry, enabling flexibility, efficiency, and reduced time to market. Digital transformation paves the way for innovation, services, and new data-based business models.
In order to enable companies to make the most out of digitalization, Siemens developed Digital Enterprise – a holistic portfolio of software and automation solutions. The Digital Enterprise enables companies of every sector to integrate and digitalize their business processes. Companies can start with digitalization at any step of their value chain, for greenfield and brownfield plants, and based on standardized and open interfaces.
What part will you play?
As a Business Model Innovation Manager, you are part of the Digital Industries Business Model Lab Team, a high-profile program sponsored by the Executive Management of our Digital Industries business.
Your mission is to lead a business model innovation process and identify, shape and frame business challenges into new business model needs. You will ensure that new business models will be both repeatable and scalable by providing solutions to enable this.
You coordinate with a variety of experts from cross-organizational communities of practices and working groups and innovation teams, thinking through business models, understanding the offering, and driving a well-informed decision to enable New Business Models for Siemens Digital Industries.
The key objectives are:
- Under a fast-track use case qualification approach, manage use cases from ideation to submission by interacting with cross Business Units community experts
- Lead cross-functional projects with Legal, Finance, Go-to-Market, Supply Chain Management and other teams to ensure efficient deployment and solution transfer of new business models to end customers
- Interact with our innovation ecosystem, partaking in ideation workshops and identifying key areas for Business Model improvements by defining problem statements, value propositions and maturity assessments
- Contribute to the business model innovation process by improving processes, applying project management tools, and ensuring repeatable and scalable business model solutions.
- Interact and closely engage with stakeholders across Digital Industries to identify and specify use case opportunities for the deployment of New Business Model solutions
- Act as a Business Model Lab interdisciplinary competence and coordination point for business models innovation topics
What you need to make real what matters?
- You have great interest in growing a career in Digital New Business Models, enabling of scaling New Businesses in one of the most innovative and technological leaders in industrial automation and digitalization
- You have earned a Master's degree in Business Model Innovation, Business Administration, Finance or related field and have experience in or exposure to Business model innovation and innovation methodologies
- You have many years of professional experience in development of new business models, (commercial) sales or strategy, ideally within an industrial Software company or in either Corporate Innovation, Management Consulting, Private Equity / VC, or Start-Up, ideally combined
- Also, you are as comfortable pitching a business case as you are rolling up your sleeves to map a customer journey
- You are familiar with and pragmatic in application of innovation methodologies such as Lean Start-up, design thinking, and Customer Development
- You also own proven project management skills, independent and entrepreneurial spirit as well as strong interpersonal, stakeholder management and communication skills
- Having exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills are crucial in order to be successful in this role
- Furthermore, you are experienced in cross-functional and cross-cultural projects and therefore, you have an excellent knowledge of English
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time