Siemens Industry is looking for a Bid Coordinator to support the Southern VA and Carolinas MTA’s. The successful candidate will support the sales team for that geography while reviewing requests from customers, sales engineers, and other bid coordinators. This person will also work with our Consultant Business Developers including certain departments within our business unit. This person reports to the Sales Manager and will have no direct reports.
Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do:
• Distribute Bid List – Generate a bid list and communicate weekly to sales team and distribution partners on project opportunities Siemens intends to pursue.
• Manage SieSales – Drive team to use SieSales as main CRM tool to keep opportunities updated. Keep all other information within SieSales up to date.
• Bid Meetings – Schedule bid meetings per the manager’s instructions. Facilitate the meeting by reviewing open SieSales opportunities above a set threshold value.
• Strive to bid over $4M in quotes in a given month in the first year.
• Bid Coordinator is responsible for getting Buyout Quotes from MAP group as well as submitting all Medium Voltage and Low Voltage Switchgear opportunities into their portal.
• Monitor and track relevant bid opportunities
• Review and summarize bid request documents (RFPs, RFQs etc.) to share pertinent information with the wider team
• Coordinate schedules and approvals for actions supporting bid opportunities
• Use problem solving skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in order to ensure timely completion of proposals.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- Proposal creation/bid coordinator or estimating experience preferred.
- Knowledge of low/medium voltage products.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly.
- Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines.
- Strong relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
- Ability to work independently as all as in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
**Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.