Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens EDA is one of the leading suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry and a member of the Siemens Group. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
Join our team as “Software Development Engineer (m/f/d) - Design for Test” in one of our offices in Germany preferably Hamburg.
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable software engineer to join the international R&D team developing Design-for-Test (DFT) tools as part of the Tessent product line. These sophisticated tools are a key part of the industry leading Tessent platform and are vital to our customers’ success in silicon validation of ICs. The focus will be on developing solutions for logic test in C++ on a Linux platform.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
You will be responsible for designing and implementing software products and features. This includes design, writing specifications, planning, schedule estimation, implementation, and detailed testing. Challenges include the ability to develop complete and efficient solutions within a large and complex code base and integrate them with existing products. High efficiency, outstanding problem-solving skills, and the ability to architect and implement high-quality and maintainable software are key. Equally crucial for success are strong collaboration and communication skills, self-drive, and a positive can-do attitude.
You’re the innovator we need if you have
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field. BS degree will be considered if coupled with extensive C++ development experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Solid understanding of software architecture best practices, computer science principals, complex algorithm designs, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills within large and international teams
- Basic knowledge of digital logic design
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Strong ability to learn, explore and innovate with new technologies
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Programming in scripting language Tcl
- Experience with software development on Linux, and development tools such as Git
- Experience working on large sized software development projects Background in DFT is a strong plus
- Experience in using or developing EDA tools
- Knowledge in hardware description languages: VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time