We are Siemens
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U
We provide an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools in a single application. We are building the tools that will improve the products of tomorrow. Our customers rely on our solution to inform their design decisions and build a better future
What we’re looking For
Are you captivated by the complex physics phenomena in the world around you? Would you like to join a team that builds the highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics simulation application: Simcenter STAR-CCM+?
We are looking for a software engineer to help build communication and execution links to other CAE applications. Through these links, we empower ever increasingly sophisticated simulations that extend beyond what Simcenter STAR-CCM+ can achieve on its own.
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate so if you are debating whether to apply, we would encourage you to do so!
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to architectural design discussions, participating in peer-based reviews, building new features, perform root cause analysis and improving our current code base
- Collaborating closely with a large, distributed team of developers, quality assurance engineers, managers, and support services to gather requirements, design, implement, test and deploy CAE interoperability features
- Participating in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas that drive innovation and communicate project status
- Utilizing systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Bitbucket
What you’ll bring
- At least 3 years of professional development in a related field with a Master’s Degree (or commensurate experience) in a computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or related field.
- Proficiency in C++, object-oriented software development, modern design patterns and principles (e.g., SOLID principles) and an understanding of algorithmic complexity.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly, present data concisely, and balance multiple tasks with minimal guidance.
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, Bitbucket, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.)
Nice if you have
- Experience with fluid structure interaction (FSI) problems and CAE applications.
- Experience developing socket communication, parallel programming, and file import/export for co-simulation
- Experience with distributed systems in general, especially in web, cloud or multiplayer gaming environments
- Proficiency in Python
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time