Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Our business is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented and highly motivated individual to join our team! As a Financial Analyst in Digital Industries you will support the DI Performance Controlling Team by being a partner to our Sales Organization and manage the DI Sales Incentive Plan, the Target Setting Process, Quarterly Performance Calculations, Partner POS Data Consolidation, Regional Sales Reporting. You will also be involved in overseeing Budgeting, Forecasting of Shared Common Functions, Internal Collaborative Agreements with other Businesses, Period-end Closing and Reporting, Ad-Hoc Special Projects for DI in Canada.
What will you do?
- Interact proactively and work closely together with our Sales organization and respective cross-functional partners
- Developing accurate Regional Target Agreements (RTA) based on historical performance and future expectations
- Monitor regional Sales reports, verticals target accounts achievement, digital enterprise targets, distributors Point of Sale (POC) data, analyze performance gaps
- Manage the DI Sales Incentive Plan set up, Quarterly Performance Calculations and Annual plan payout
- As part of Performance Controlling, prepare timely and accurately annual budgets/monthly forecasts for the Common Functions & Regional Sales
- Perform the various period-end closing exercises; Expense Analysis, Journal Entries, internal financial report by Cost Center, General Ledger Analysis, etc.
- Monitor SG&A cost allocations from/to various functions and maintain the Qlik SG&A app
- Perform variance analysis of Balance Sheet accounts and cashflow analysis at the overall DI level
- Support projects related to Reporting Automation and optimization of Sales Analytics Tools
- Developing new reports and standards by applying innovative software such as Qlik Sense, PowerBI, SAP Analytics, etc.
- Close communication and monitoring of Internal Collaborative Agreements (ICA) with other businesses for shared common functions
- Work co-operatively with other Digital Industries businesses and Siemens Canada cross functions; Manage third party relationships as needed
- Willing to assume and complete ad-hoc / special projects and/or other assignments as delegated by management.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 3 years experience in financial analysis, reporting, and/or internal controls.
- Experience with automation tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik Sense) and/or other IT tools/databases to analyze/interpret large amounts of data from different sources an asset
- Experience with SAP (ERP systems) preferred
- High proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) mindset; demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to streamline and optimize existing processes in data collection, consolidationand reporting.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, and dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines.
- Strong strategic judgement, business competence and professional ethics
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.