We are Siemens
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U
What we’re looking For
Do you possess a good understanding of troubleshooting software issues, customer-service and computer network topology? We are hiring for an Application Support Engineer to join our Opcenter APS team providing Product Support for our world-leading factory-scheduling software solutions and our wider software community (full product training will be provided). If you have excellent communication skills, are customer focused and excited by the prospect of providing support for a product that is used in all manufacturing verticals then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Providing general and technical support to clients in a manner complimentary to the company, via Teams (etc.), remote desktop and email
- Taking ownership of user problems - scheduling calls and workload by determining and prioritising the impact of an issue at a customer's site
- Investigating, diagnosing, and solving first-line application problems using effective troubleshooting and fault analysis skills and escalating accordingly
- Effectively communicating software problems to product development
- Providing technical guidance to customers in the application of system procedures, design techniques and data exchange related to our factory-scheduling software
- Collaborating with and supporting junior engineers, creating technical documents/information (written and video knowledge-based materials) for sharing with developers, partners and customers
What you’ll bring
- Solid understanding of Microsoft operating systems (including troubleshooting)
- Customer focused approach with advanced communications and prioritization skills
- Remote desktop/technical support experience
- IT infrastructure analysis and troubleshooting skills (hardware, network protocols, virtualization)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Some experience in VB.NET, C#, OData, HTML, AWS or Java
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time