Position is within the Operations Group of the Gas Chromatograph (GC) and Systems Integration (SI) and Sample Conditioning Systems (SCS) Business Unit. This location is the Lead Factory for the Global Business.
This is a senior level engineering position that will provide primary Product and Production Support for internal manufacturing of GC and GC Products. Infrequent and limited support of SI and SCS products required. Advise on GC and GC product design with regards to product manufacturability. Create manufacturing solutions including assembly and test fixtures, process documentation, coordinate product ramp up and drives continuous improvement topics. Position will often require working independently while consulting with R&D, Product Management and/or Business Unit Management and at times lead a team of peers and subordinates to accomplish the tasks.
- Analyze product specifications and clarifies product requirements and manufacturing aspects with R&D, Engineering and/or Product Management.
- Develop and calculate product modifications needed to increase efficiency of production and contributes to re-engineering.
- Provide detailed information on product specifications and on pieces and parts needed for product completion.
- Plan equipment layout, tools, design assembly and test fixtures, define and/or create IT programs, design or contribute to design of the manufacturing workflow. Cooperates in these aspects with other respective Engineers.
- Analyze manufacturing sequences during pilot series and test and analyzes manufacturability of samples. May recommend product changes and implement production amendments.
- Conduct improvement projects and liaise with other engineering functions, external vendors, or service providers.
- Ensure appropriate process and product documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology with product and manufacturing process experience. Additional experience would be considered in lieu of Bachelors' degree.
- 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing (discrete, repetitive and project) with experience designing assembly and test fixtures for analytical sensors and controls.
- Machining and Fabrication experience.
- Minimum travel (<10%).
- 3D/2D cad experience. NX and AutoCAD preferred.
- SAP – MM and PP with experience creating routings, creating BOMs, Material Master creation, Kanban.
- Programming: C/C++, C#
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Programming in other high level programming languages; Python, Visual Basic, Perl, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of Analytical Instrumentation such as Gas Chromatograph, Liquid Chromatograph or Mass Spec.
- In-Depth knowledge of Sensors and Controls.
- Lean/Six-Sigma/Agile certification
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.