Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a junior to senior level software engineer to assist in development of Simcenter STAR-CCM+, one of our engineering software products. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics application that provides an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools.
This opening is a member of the Technology Stack team, responsible for the development of our web based applications. It is a green-field opportunity to build a new UI framework in React to help our users interact with high fidelity simulations running remotely using web based clients.
The position collaborates with the Technology Stack program manager as part of the Web Framework division of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Platform department.Responsibilities
- Supply code as part of a larger team of Software Engineers
- Collaborate with a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to generate ideas to drive innovation in our technology, and to communicate project status
- Manage development with systems including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket/GitLab
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews
- Architect and design applications in the cloud and on-premise
- Mentor team members on existing and emerging web technologies
- Participate in root cause analysis
- 3+ years of professional development experience in React
- Master’s Degree or commensurate experience in computer science or related field
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and to present data concisely
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with self-discipline
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Cloud Experience
- OAuth Authentication
- Familiarity with both Linux & Windows
- GraphQL, Node.js, AWS, Engineering Applications, HPC
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.