The Prevailing Wage Specialist is responsible for state prevailing wages, federal Davis-Bacon Act and Service Contract Act compliance. This role will work closely with the Siemens businesses and requires calculation of employee fringe benefits, prevailing wages, and certified payroll reports. Solid knowledge of state legal requirements, pay regulations and overtime compliance and pay practices required. Strong experience in Prevailing Wage Laws and Certified Payroll reporting requirements for federal and state assisted public work projects.
The primary responsibilities of the role include providing overall compliance support to federally and state assisted public work projects requiring prevailing wage and other specific labor requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate all internal processes related to state and federal public works projects to determine whether information accurately flows from project setup through business operations to allow the timely creation of employee paychecks and certified payroll.
- Identify whether state and federal public works projects are set up by administrative staff with accurate wage determinations, including straight time, overtime, and holiday time rates and calculations.
- Compile payroll data for field employees and reconcile for errors to maintain payroll records.
- Identify and resolve internal discrepancies on certified payroll reports.
- Ensure prevailing wage/ certified payroll is processed correctly with required reporting.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of certified payroll transactions.
- Review, tracking and submittal of certified payroll and payroll documents.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Perform periodic audits on adherence to, and accuracy of, public works compliance processes in place. Remedy gaps or inaccuracies in processes identified in audits
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to support payroll and ensure client satisfaction
- Assist in the review of current payroll processes to identify areas of process improvements and standardization
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of various payroll reports to customers
- Provide high level of customer service and ensure positive customer interactions
- Work in a team environment coordinating with other team members in the processing of payroll
- Maintain compliance with payroll related regulatory requirements including effective internal controls
Required Knowledge/Skills Education and Experience:
- Associate degree preferred, HS diploma with equivalent experience will be considered
- 3 plus years of strong experience in Prevailing Wage Laws and Certified Payroll reporting requirements for federally and state assisted public work projects
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Experience with Union payroll and associated fringe benefits
- Solid knowledge of Labor compliance and certified payroll systems such as Quantum Project Manager, LCP Tracker, e-Mars required
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll knowledge and principles
- Good computer, organizational, research and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and team player
- Advanced level of Excel knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud or ERP systems preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced collaborative environment and make an impact with your skills and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and a willingness to learn new things and go above and beyond to get the job done
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
* Competitive compensation based on qualifications
* Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
* Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
* Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
* Career development opportunities
* Ability to work remote
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
* Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.#LI-JT1
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.