Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for our Rail Infrastructure Electrification business. The Project Manager has the responsibility for the delivery of complex, high value Distribution projects on behalf of Siemens. The Project Manager undertakes the delivery of projects with responsibility for completing them safely, on schedule, to budget, to the required standard, achieving the required quality and attaining the customer's satisfaction.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Electrification business supplies electrification and electrification upgrades and renewals as a turnkey business, providing our clients with a single supplier from design through to handover for their electrification schemes. We also operate within Alliances with other major businesses and clients across the region, as well as in more traditional delivery models.
We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed because of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as introducing the Static Var Compensator, Static Frequency Compensator, and Static Frequency Converter, so this is a great time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Manages allocated projects in line with Siemens values.
- Provides programme and project reports as required.
- Takes responsibility for safe and profitable delivery of multi-disciplinary packages of works either on a singular or portfolio basis.
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, installation, test & commission into service, and handover of railway E&P, OLE, power, traction power and services contracts, including associated works.
- As part of developing target cost will identify to the customer the company’s technical and commercial benefits. On all occasions assist in obtaining opportunities for the company to bid and secure further projects with a profitable potential.
- Where required lead or directly undertake/ contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project professional team, and other relevant decision-makers.
- Ensure delivery to programme, technical and quality requirements and the accuracy of progress/ cost reporting etc.
- Helps to establish highly motivated high performing, success orientated teams to meet estimating, programme or project requirements.
- Assisting tendering activities and undertaking bid management roles when necessary
- Derives project aims from the agreement, considering all deliverables and interested parties (stakeholders). e.g. costs, schedules, functions, engineering and programmes.
- Where necessary clearly defines concept elements for the project e.g. project overview, contract structure, detailed planning of individual works packages, resource planning, scheduling, project documentation, project organisation, procedures for construction, erection and commissioning, etc.
What Skills and Experience do I need?
- Project Management experience at a similar level within large multi-disciplinary or turnkey railway projects.
- Project management experience within the UK rail industry
- APM qualified or equivalent
- Electrical or Engineering degree qualified preferable
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems
- Experience of managing small/medium teams
- Management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
- Has a good working knowledge programme software (e.g. P6e) and in the establishment and management of programmes (schedules).
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time