Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery. Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts. Acts as Technical lead of projects that span multiple areas of a product. Broad and direct consulting with customers in regard to future upgrades and products. Sets the technical direction for one area of a product. Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into multiple areas of a product and to our people. Able to solve the most complex of technical problems. Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers. Works without supervision on the most complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise. Advanced knowledge of the field. Assist with less experienced peers.
Siemens PLM Software is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world using our PLM tools, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. Siemens portfolio includes, Teamcenter – a leading PLM software in the market. Teamcenter is
used to manage the lifecycle of large engineering data as with car manufacturing, ship building, Aerospace & many such industries.
We are looking for a dynamic, technically strong person who can contribute to the core platform area of the Teamcenter product in the Siemens Lifecycle Collaboration Software (LCS) domain. Come join our team and be a key member to design, develop and deliver core Teamcenter product & be a part of the value chain that Siemens brings to its customers
• Technical lead & own (write, maintain & enhance) multiple server-side areas
• Design and develop complex server-side modules
• Design and implement unit/automation/integration tests.
• Perform technical research of new technologies and prototyping
• Provide estimates for complex modules under development
• Lead large/complex projects involving multiple members
• Handle customer facing issues
• The ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux).
• Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate developers junior & new members
• Work with globally distributed team
• The ability to communicate ideas, solutions, design & architecture and coordinate within a large, distributed development organization
• Elevate the team with both technical expertise and with the energy & passion
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
• Master's or Doctorate, or 10+ years of experience are required.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience working with and designing/implementing complex software systems
• Strong software development and architectural background using data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modeling
• Solid object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ or Java / C# on a UNIX or Linux/Windows Platform)
• Experience in designing and developing server applications in PLM area or large enterprise area
• Experience in designing and implementing TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing.
• Familiarity with developing Rich Client and Thin-Client applications (Web technologies such as Angular JS, React, JAVA script, HTML5)
• Strong analytical and debugging skills and problem-solving capabilities.
• Experience using Visual Studio (C++), Eclipse, xUnit framework
• Experience with source code management tools, such as, clearcase or perforce
• Must be very familiar with Enterprise Agile and Scrum development practices
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently without supervision
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.