SIEMENS (Smart Infrastructure) is seeking an experienced Security Sales Applications Engineer to lead and assist in pre-sales engineering, proof of concepts, system commissioning/deployment and support price quoting. This key position will help us grow in vertical markets such as Fortune 1000, Federal Government, Healthcare, Higher Ed, and Hospitality & Entertainment. Using your technical expertise, along with your critical thinking skills, you will help tailor our solutions & service offerings to support local contractors and end-user customer base.
This position will report to our Detroit branch, located in Plymouth, MI; however, we have a flexible work environment that will allow this position to work in a mix of the Plymouth and Grand Rapids branches and remotely from home.
- Technical guidance on system design, product usage, etc.
- System design including network details and video storage calculations
- Bid take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities
- Collects information from other functions, vendors, sub-contractors to complete sales quotations
- Prepares detailed cost estimates, proposal and coordinate sales to operations cost reviews
- Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams and as-builts
- Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for solutions and services
- Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales
- Drive pre-bid meetings and attend site walk-throughs / customer meetings to develop deeper customer and project understanding
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry
- Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order
- Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools. Assists with ongoing maintenance of sales estimating tools
- Help support the engineering community as it relates to specification and design support
- Must be accurate, possess keen attention to detail, and proactive in pointing out potential issues
- Participates in value engineering when possible
- Ability to work quickly and change direction as needed; responding to fast turnaround times a must
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- 3 to 5 years, experience estimating and quoting Security solutions and service projects, but will consider candidates with related experience in a similar industry
- Must have experience using an estimating / quoting system (s)
- Solid knowledge of networks and IP concepts required
- Software House, Milestone, Genetec, Lenel and other key lines preferred (existing certifications with these lines is a plus)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Light travel required from time to time
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
In addition, the selected candidate must be a self-starter, disciplined, able to maintain an active and busy work schedule supporting new and existing customers, be a good communicator, have great organizational and computer skills and be able to work within a team selling environment.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.