Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of; diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our NPI engineering team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Manufacturing Engineer. The role is based at our manufacturing site in Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will:
· Develop world class manufacturing and supply chain processes to suit low volume, high technology products (diagnostic instrumentation). Model processes, layout & balance production lines as well as design individual work cells, and the associated manufacturing and test fixtures.
· Support technology transfer initiatives, participate in cross functional design reviews, Set up and Lead Meetings between vendors and R&D as well as Coordinate with R&D and Procurement to ensure the best design for manufacturing is achieved.
· Determine labour times and optimize cycle times and participate in Make V’s buy analysis. Create process instructions for inhouse production
· Provide day to day support to the manufacturing and test operation acting as technical reference and decision maker - Provide engineering support and technical Knowledge to aid technical trouble shooting
- Develop and manage systems of metrics, analysis and projects to drive continuous improvement of operations using; Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles.
- , containment, setting target condition, root cause, solution design, validation, implementation, standardization and monitoring on the production floor).
- Operate in a global supply chain environment and contribute to the resolution and prevention of supplier related outages.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), product and process validations.
· Ensure that the designs stay within the cost target
This position may suit you best if would like to do develop your career with Healthineers and you;
- Are willing to lead change and technically mentor teams to best in class practice. Ability to influence change at all levels
- Understand of various supplier manufacturing technologies and commodities, such as metal fabrication, metal machining, plastic molding, PCBA, cables, optics, and fluidics
- Have strong problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Have the ability to collate and analyze large amounts of data for decision making
- Have excellent oral communications, business writing skills and presentation skills
- Are Self-directing, goal oriented and able to prioritize workload in an Agile environment
- Are a team player who can build strong and influential relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
Requirements to succeed in this role
- Batchelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science discipline (QQI level 8). Ideally with 3 years + relevant experience.
- Formal training in WCM disciplines (JIT, lean, six sigma, DOE ) would be an advantage.
- Experience in being a part of teams and projects with strong communications written and verbal.
- Ability to work in technically complex multi discipline areas. coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Have strong technical trouble shooting skills.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time