Specialist – Smart Buildings/Electrical Service
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs complex startup, commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of medium and low voltage electrical power systems. These power systems include, but are not limited to transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear/switchboard, protective relays, motor control centers, VFDs, cable, and metering and backup power supplies.
- Lead basic to complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements. Tasks are associated with maintenance and testing of switchgear/switchboard, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, and surge protection devices. Responsible for vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance.
- Install wiring and connect to the power source. Perform emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and third-party equipment. Perform complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
- Perform onsite technical and operational support in the design, development, installation, and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature. Perform complex site surveys to develop base or installation design plans.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operation and routine inspections. Train customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment. Provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees. Complete and submit reports covering all job activity. Responsible for maintaining complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Plan and estimate labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, and transportation expenses to complete complex proposals. Perform review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics; provide continual guidance throughout the project duration.
- Must be available to respond to emergency and relief assignments.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical control circuits and ability to obtain thermography certification; 8+ years preferred
- Experience with electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems; 8+ years preferred
- Experience using electrical test sets to perform AC and DC high potential testing, transformer turns ratio testing, transformer power factor testing, and other power system test practices and procedures; 8+ years preferred
- AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications preferred
- Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies and testing and configuring protective relays
- Capable of reading bills of material, electrical blueprints, and power system study reports
- Experience with the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems
- Familiar with the arc flash and shock hazards of 13.8 kV and the following electrical equipment: Siemens GIS, AIS, WL, RL, and SB breakers and switchgear
- Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.