Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Financial Analyst for our Distribution System (DS) Business Unit, focused on the Distribution Systems Product portfolio. DS has built a great team over the past 5 years resulting in year after year growth and performance with a positive outlook for the future. Come be a part of this team!
Headquartered in Wendell, NC (20 miles East of downtown Raleigh, NC), the DS Business Unit has a diverse portfolio of products including but not limited to electric-vehicle chargers, low voltage motor control centers, compact modular reclosers, distribution switches, medium voltage switchgear, medium voltage circuit breakers, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relays.
Smart Infrastructure Distribution Systems (SI DS) is looking for a dynamic, result oriented financial analyst to join our finance team in the greater Raleigh, NC area. If you are seeking upward mobility in your career in a fast paced, growing business then look no further.
This role will:
- Report directly to the Factory Controller and play a critical role in the SI DS Finance team
- This role will get the unique responsibilities of supporting financial analysis for the SI DS Wendell factory and product line financial analysis for the relay protection and automation segment
- This is the chance to develop manufacturing financial skills and product profitability financial skills in one role
Specific responsibilities of the financial analyst include:
- Support financial and strategic analysis for the Wendell manufacturing plant
- Create accurate forecasts and budgets
- Own and drive recurring processes to monitor timely reduction of obsolete and slow-moving inventory
- Work with Procurement team to set standard costs for product lines manufactured in the Wendell factory
- Collaborate with factory leadership team and strategic procurement preparing business cases to drive cost savings projects
- Prepare monthly factory KPI’s and support factory presentations
- Work on SAP and Salesforce.com digitalization projects to drive efficiency
- Create and optimize reporting and analysis through digital tools like Tableau, Salesforce.com and QlikSense
- Analyze monthly results through variance analysis and provide commentary on deviations
- Conduct profitability analysis on the relay protection and automation segment
- Analyze factory cost structure, draw conclusions, implement required actions and deliver management level commentary
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management
- Excel, PowerPoint and SAP proficiency required
- Hyperion and Salesforce.com experience a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in a manufacturing setting a plus
- Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent written & oral communication skills and be able to collaborate effectively across various functional departments and levels of management
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems:
The Distribution Systems (DS) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of todays and tomorrow’s power grid!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for professional growth & development and our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.