A Senior Linux Developer with extensive experience in embedded Linux runtime environment (Debian and Yocto Project preferred). The ideal candidate should have recent hands-on development expertise with the major aspects of embedded Linux (embedded HW architectures, the Linux kernel, build environments, etc.). The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions. The candidate must also be comfortable working in a team environment and working directly with partners and customers. On occasion, travel may be required to meet with community organizations, partners, and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Applicant should possess at least a Bachelor degree in Electrical/Computer/Software engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Applicant must have at least 15 years of experience developing software for Linux systems (opportunities exists also for those having more or less experience).
Applicant must have significant experience one of more of the following:
- Experience with Debian Linux and Yocto Project. Including packages, distribution, build environment and integration.
- Real-Time Linux
- Security methods and frameworks in Linux
- Linux kernel and kernel module development
- Linux driver development (e.g. usb, block, character, wireless, network stack)
- Linux kernel debugging skills (e.g. kgdb, lttng, systemtap, jtag, etc.)
- Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management
- Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
In addition to above, applicant should possess several of the following:
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Python, Lua, Go, Rust)
Experience with x86_64 and/or ARM/ARM64 architectures and boot-time optimization
Experience in usage of debugging targets JTAG, BDI
IoT experience including cloud interaction
Customer facing experience
- Implement and maintain a Debian based distribution aimed at Industrial applications.
- Work cross functionality across multiple groups, geographies and time zones.
- Port the Linux kernel to new boards and uprev BSPs to new kernel versions
- Work with customers directly to get issues localized and resolved
- Design and implement services built upon software products, open source components, and/or custom platforms
- Create functional design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product documentation and provide appropriate input to other parties involved in various projects
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.