Siemens DI SW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join R&D PCIe and CXL teams in Cairo, Egypt.
This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to build the next generation of Interconnect Solutions for Emulation and FPGA Prototyping Platform, using the latest cutting-edge technologies. The successful candidates will work within a team using Agile SCRUM methodology, and will be part of a fun team that provides a flexible and friendly environment.Main Responsibilities
- Design and implement Software Layers for Interconnect Protocols (PCIe/CXL) using C/C++/SystemC.
- Integrate Software and Hardware components with a fully functional System.
- Participate in the development process including planning, architecture/design review, code review and test case review.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Engineers, and key business stakeholders to understand customer requirements.
- Work in an Agile SCRUM environment to build new features for PCIe/CXL Protocols in a rapid and iterative way.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Develop and review Professional Functional and Design specifications documents.
- Support Customers activities throughout handling customer questions and inquiries, and support the design bring-up.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer/Eelectronics Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive Experience with Software Programming and Methodologies.
- Experience in C/C++ with strong knowledge of architectural patterns and object-oriented design.
- Solid knowledge in RTL and IC Design and Verifications Flows and Methodologies.
- Hands on experience in Linux development environment with multi-threading application.
- Good knowledge with Interconnect Protocols (PCIe, CXL) is a plus!
- Experienced in Make, GCC and cross-compilers, etc.
- Worked with software development process (SCRUM/Kanban).
- Experienced in using git and svn in a collaborative development environment.
- Familiar with scripting languages Bash/Perl and/or TCL.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time