Job title: Edge Engineer
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Requirement gathering, Impact analysis and Risk management
- Giving solution on requirement after analysis
- Understanding of multi-access edge computing (MEC)
- Taking Sign-Off from onsite team, Supporting Production defects
- Working with AI, ML for EDGE Computing
- Groom juniors and support them wherever required
We don’t need hard workers, just super minds
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with Excellent in depth understanding of the complete EDGE Computing.
- Have implemented at least 1 EDGE Computing solution hands on.
- 10+ years of experience in working with IoT Connectivity Protocols like HTTPS/MQTT/Modbus/OPC UA PUB SUB/ IEC 61850 etc. Very solid understanding in networking.
- 5+ years of work experience in working with IoT Platforms like Azure IoT Hub, AWS IoT Core, Bosch IoT Suite, THingworx Platform etc.
- Authoritative level knowledge of Linux from System Administration to trouble shooting. Preferably Certification from https://www.lpi.org/our-certifications/lpic-3-300-overview.
- Expertise in Containerization and Orchestration.
- Understanding of RF properties of 5G networks, especially regarding latency/bandwidth.
- Knowledge on emerging IoT and Mobile Technologies and Communication Protocols.
- Knowledge of working in Industrial PC, PLC, and SCADA systems.
- Strong Python software development skill.
- Confirmed ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Experience in IT security implementation. (Container security, OS hardening, etc.)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.jobs.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time