Service Technician - Warehouse and Logistics Systems (m/f/d)
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies.
Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What role will you play?
- As the direct and 2nd contact level for the customer, you take on the support for the software solutions developed by Intralogistics development team for automation systems in the field of warehouse and logistics systems;
- You independently process incoming service requests by phone, email, remote service or on site;
- You will analyze errors, develop workarounds, and support our software developer in the creation of software corrections and improvements;
- You support our development team with virtual commissioning;
- You support our development team with onsite testing and commissioning;
- You are part of a standby team, taking on-call duty;
We are looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/Technician;
- Understand common database systems such as SQL Server or Oracle;
- Understand server operating systems from the Windows or Linux system family;
- Knowledge of SQL and network basics;
- Your very good knowledge of English;
- High willingness to travel is required (above 30% per year);
- Know the basics of software development and development tools (IDE) (optional);
- Knowledge of software programming, e.g., in C #, HTML (optional);
- Gained experience in the service environment with a direct interface to the customer and on-site work (optional);
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time