At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
DISW’s TechOps department strategically supports our engineers and corporate staff around the globe. Our vision is to deliver exceptional services by results oriented employees through innovative, cost-effective, global solutions developed in collaboration with our customers.
Act as an expert Infrastructure Engineer for the Service Delivery Team. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Software and hardware support and troubleshooting (including repairs as needed) for both Linux and Windows environments
• Working with vendors for support issues
• OS Installations including virtual desktops and servers
• Process automation and improvement
• Level II/III Help Desk tickets for customer issues
• Projects as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related field
• Must have 3+ years of professional experience in Systems Administration of Linux/Windows servers and workstations. While the focus is largely on the Linux platform, having Windows knowledge is required.
• Demonstrated experience in multiple OS’s including RHEL, CentOS, SLES, Ubuntu, etc.
• Must have in-depth knowledge supporting and administering servers and workstations in a large, multi-site, enterprise-wide environment. Global experience highly desirable
• Virtualization experience with VMware products, VDI and vCloud Director.
• Must possess Shell/Perl/Python scripting abilities along with process automation.
• Container skills a plus
• Knowledge of endpoint/configuration management and remote server management tools is required.
• Must have solid understanding of problem management, incident management, and change control processes.
• Experience supporting software development engineers. Must perform problem resolution in an effective and timely manner in accordance with SLA's and customer expectations.
• Must understand networking protocols and be able to diagnose network related problems at the client level.
• Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills to accommodate business requirements and managing scheduled activities.
• Must work well in a cross-functional / matrixed team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of NAS and Flash storage technologies in a Linux/engineering environment
• The ideal candidate must be able to adapt to a wide variety of duties, including end user support, project deadlines and commitments, data center systems management and monitoring, and many other aspects of IT.
NOTE: This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.