Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division is a global leader in the production of light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We are excited to offer a Production Control Manager position in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, California. The Production Control Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure material availability to support production according to the planned production schedules, and that production managers have clear transparency to the status of all required materials. The Production Control Manager interfaces with all stakeholders including Engineering, Strategic Purchasing, Change Managers, Order Management and Production Management. He / she is responsible for Production Planning and opening WO’s for materials according to the production schedule. The production Control Manager works very closely with production to align the materials for a smooth production flow.
What you will be doing:
- Manage a team of fifteen plus production control personnel.
- On-time release of work orders based on production schedule.
· Ensure all relevant material transactions take place to support inventory accuracy in the warehouse production.
- Drive the team to ensure accuracy of material issued to work orders and make sure system updates are done on a timely basis.
- Work closely with Material Program Managers, Assembly Team Leaders and Production Managers to meet planned production schedules and ensure material is issued by the planned production start date.
- Work closely with Order Management managers to improve material availability.
- Collaborate with WH to ensure most effective material delivery to production.
- Escalate issues to stakeholders for urgent work orders.
- Collaborate across cross functional teams for the best outcome by working with Order Management, Production, Quality, Engineering, Production Planning, Scheduling, and Warehouse.
- Ensure adequate process control systems are in place, monitor and manage key production metrics.
- Develop and deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
- Report KPIs to management for PC department. Create new metrics & KPIs as required.
- Work with Siemens digitization team for process automation.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop PC team and lead by example.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Identify functional challenges and recommend best practices to improve processes.
- Manage performance evaluations of direct reports.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control.
- CPIM Certification.
- Proficient in SAP ERP.
- 8+ experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment; 3+ years leadership managing a team of 10 people.
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and drive.
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with team members and management.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow-through.
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
We would be impressed if you had:
- Master’s in Industrial Engineering or MBA in Supply Chain.
- Experience in Rail Manufacturing or heavy manufacturing of capital equipment.
Why Siemens Mobility?
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.