External Job Description
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist – Siemens Magnet Technology, Oxfordshire:
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) team as an EHS Specialist at Siemens Magnet Technology (SMT), near Oxford. We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. SMT are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) department is in place to provide expertise in EHS legislation and best practice and advise on necessary process changes in the business. Furthermore, by routine audit, measurement, and good communication, we help ensure the business is aware of all our EHS standards. We also encourage and support the implementation of appropriate corrective and improvement action as necessary.
· Completion and coordination of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) activities in support of business needs / requirements.
· Actively demonstrating commitment and pride in our Zero Harm Culture.
· Deputise for the EHS Manager when required.
· Provide EHS input at factory project meetings.
· Perform EHS inspections and audits against legal requirements and best practice.
· Support the maintenance of EHS Management System certified to ISO14001 and ISO45001.
· Provide advice and guidance on EHS best practice.
· Liaise with internal departments and contractors on EHS matters
· Help steward our accident investigation processes, supporting managers identify root causes and provide recommendations as to the most effective corrective actions.
· Provide EHS related training and inductions when required.
· Support our response to site emergencies / business continuity risks.
· Complete and review risk assessments as required.
· Creation of reports for management or external parties.
· Support improvement initiatives as part of our objectives and targets.
· Keeps abreast with all respective regulations and standards in UK legislation.
· Develop and drive initiatives as part of our Wellbeing programme.
· Maintenance and development of professional knowledge and competence though relevant Continued Professional Development programme.
- NEBOSH Certificate, or equivalent qualification
- Relevant industry and professional experience with EHS
- A positive attitude and a passion for EHS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – Including coaching & collaboration
- Strong understanding of EHS processes, standards and improvement techniques
- Ability to prepare written documentation such as reports and operational procedures
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Internal auditor qualification
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing industry and processes
- Grad or Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Associate Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Experience in accident investigation
- Working knowledge of ISO45001 and ISO14001
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
In Oxford, Siemens Magnet Technology design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. We are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. Find further information about our products and services here.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes:
- A competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days annual holidays
- Subsidised restaurant and on-site gym
- Access to our flexible benefits including private healthcare, dental cover, and many more
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking with strong commuter links to the surrounding area; and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time