Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. We see this as an opportunity to rise to them. For example, by asking: how can people’s lives be improved? Help us look for the right answers. Let’s develop together what will be important tomorrow. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, intelligently driving things forward, and taking things into one´s own hands. All with the goal of helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with smart energy networks or electric highways. Therefore, we motivate our employees to pursue their projects with fervor, to analyze and question things. This is how we can tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Welcome to our world.
Our Team at Digital Grid makes energy grids more sustainable, efficient and resilient. In doing so, we enable the energy transition to a decarbonized, decentral and digital future.
We currently have a unique opportunity for a passionate System Integrator to join a group of innovative and future thinking people.
Future Thinker? Read on.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating system servers in support of business requirements.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to hardware and operating system software.
- Maintain and manage source code using Clearcase and Git.
- Perform product software builds and installations in a multi-server environment.
- System Administration for project development environment.
- Assist software developers in a project development environment
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Work with customers directly to support development and production environments.
- Direct communication with software team and project management.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Must have a 4 year college degree.
- 2+ years of experience in a Software Development environment.
- Working knowledge of Unix, MS Windows & command line skills
- Must be comfortable in an open communication environment, team experience
- Strong work ethic
- Self-starter with ability to acquire new skills autonomously
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and communications skills
- Must be able to work with and leverage skills from other teams in the organization
- This position requires travel to customer sites in North America and Europe (25%).
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Desired Skills and Experience (nice to have)
- Experience with administering source control management
- Experience with shell-scripting
- Experience with software development that uses databases
- Experience with C, C++, Fortran
- Experience with RedHat Linux, Oracle Solaris
- Experience with virtualization platforms (VMware, RHEV)
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.