Siemens Mobility, Inc., is the leading provider of intelligent mobility solutions that offer guaranteed availability, optimized capacity and enhanced passenger experience. The company’s business includes rail rolling stock, rail automation, intelligent traffic systems, traffic telematics systems and rail electrification. The portfolio also covers turnkey mobility projects and tailored financing solutions. We are in a unique position to create value add for our Customers for Siemens products and solutions. We call it Ingenuity for Life and we are setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a fast-growing business with a backlog of > $1 Billion. To execute this backlog on highest performance levels and to ensure constant growth, Siemens is looking for highly motivated and competent individuals.
Senior Financial Analyst
The Financial Analyst will be a key contributor to two segments in the Customer Services Business Unit. This role will participate in all facets of these segments including closing activities, financial reporting, KPI analysis, budget/forecast, and ad hoc projects and reports.
These are small but growing segments. As such this role is dynamic and requires an individual with a desire to be involved in all aspects of the business. Some days will be spent doing financial analysis and forecasting while others will be spent invoicing customers and creating complex pricing models to support the Segment Heads.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Create annual budget and monthly forecast for segments with inputs from business
- Perform critical trend and variance analyses during monthly close process, and completion of P&L and Balance Sheet Analytics to meet several requirements:
- Validation that monthly financials are accurate prior to closing
- Provide initial indications to management regarding financial results for the month, including key drivers
- Interaction with Business Areas to derive monthly closing commentary and variance drivers
- Monthly presentation of financials/forecast to executive management
- Perform account reconciliations for accounts in scope and participate in quarterly audit activities. Maintain and perform key controls in scope of closing and reconciliation activities.
- Ability to analyze balance sheet data and forecasting of key positions
- Perform historical and/or trend analysis on key business components (volume/gross profit, SG&A, cash flow, headcount, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc analysis and work on project teams as required
- Calculate complex price models
- Provide financial impact analysis to business heads based on different business models
- Tightly control costs for R&D efforts
- Monitor labor bookings
The successful candidate will have a background with experience in monthly close activities, budgeting/forecasting, and various types of financial analysis (preferably 4-8 years). Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must, and experience with SAP desired.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Teamwork skills with the ability to listen and be sensitive to customers & colleagues.
- Capable of challenging norms constructively and collaboratively by building consensus within and across functions
- Candidate must have a strategic mindset with structured approach to problem solving
- Experience with advanced financial modelling is required
- Ability to deliver high-quality results in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities
- Strong presentation skills and management presence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
· 4-8 years of successful experience in a related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.