With over 1,900 research operatives worldwide, the Technology organization occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Research in Digitalization & Automation (RDA) is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Its strong technology base makes it a strong in-house partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability for the Siemens Divisions and help them to successfully bring innovations to market. Our about 1,800 scientists at locations in North America, Europe, and Asia ensure the technological and innovative future of the company.
The Interactive Digital Twin team has focus on employing computer systems and parallel computing expertise for topics like acceleration of simulations, and development of digital twins. It is necessary for the candidate to have work experience in software development, deep understanding of computing hardware architectures, knowledge/experience in software performance engineering. Knowledge and experience in computing technologies, viz., high performance parallel and distributed computing, is highly desirable. We are part of wider Simulation and Digital Twin research team where approaches such as physics-based data learning models, AI / ML for the accelerated simulation are also primary research topics.
What are my responsibilities?
• Implement advances available in Parallel Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning as custom programs on multicore CPUs and GPUs
• Build ‘Proof of Concept’ (PoC) applications using suitable technologies
• Collaborate, research, and publish findings at various internal and external forums
• Interface with Siemens internal customers and provide Parallel Computing/AI/ML based solutions for their needs
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Passion and keen interest in emerging technology trends in computing technologies in various domains such as large-scale simulations and high-performance computing, i.e., parallel and distributed computing, and software performance engineering
• In-depth understanding of one or more hardware architectures: Intel Xeon Core series, NVidia Graphics Processor Units (GPUs).
• Good background in data structure and algorithms is essential
• Excellent programming skills in C/C++/CUDA/OpenCL/Python is essential.
• Experience in implementing deep neural networks using TensorRT, TensorFlow, OpenVINO, Caffe.
• Exposure to CuDNN/CuBLAS and good understanding of linear algebra operations is a big plus.
• Prior experience with programming models such as pthreads, OpenMP, MPI is highly desirable.
• Experience with (or in-depth knowledge of) one or more of profiling tools such as gprof, perf, CUDA Visual Profiler, PAPI, Windows Performance Analyzer, valgrind, is desirable
• Domain experience in any of the following will be a big plus: Image and Signal Processing, Scientific computation, Edge computing, Simulation.
• Bachelors/ Masters/ Ph.D. in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics and Communication
• Demonstrated relevant work experience of 5 – 10 years
• Technical papers at prestigious conferences and journals
What else do I need?
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Self-motivated and independent, but also comfortable with team-work.
• International R&D exposure will be a plus
• Focus on quality and result orientation
• Optimistic, can-do attitude
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Please find more information at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/innovation/research-development.html
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time