Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership and we're looking to grow our Global Strategic alliances team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
The ideal Strategic Alliance Manager candidate has a strong background in sales, business development, or partnership management. They must also be technically inclined and naturally curious to learn about Mendix’s portfolio.
The ideal candidate also understands deal structure and deal flow. They have worked in, understand and can operate in a Matrix Organization. “Influencing without authority” is key, they must be able to align cross-functional resources within Mendix/Siemens as well as manage the same within the Strategic Alliance Partner they support. They must also be comfortable working with senior executives both inside and outside their organization.
This role will require a mixture of sales, strategy, relationship building & enablement, and driving executive alignment. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Alliances, the Strategic Alliance Manager will help navigate and network through their assigned Strategic Partner and significantly contribute to the execution of joint GTM plans to drive incremental revenue for Mendix. They will also be closely involved with supporting their partner in sales cycles. This is a high visibility global role with the potential for massive impact in a hyper-growth tech startup.
- Support the global alliance director in building and executing strategic partnerships with the world’s largest global systems integrators (GSIs) such as Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, TCS, Wipro
- Achieve partnership goals, including an assigned sales quota of revenue co-sold with GSI firms. Track and regularly report out on goal attainment
- Build trusted, effective working relationships with GSI stakeholders and executives. Regularly deliver presentations on Mendix’s overview, value proposition, and go-to-market plays to GSI leaders
- Identify, recruit, and onboard new groups and teams within existing GSI partners through a blend of outbound and inbound outreach
- Proactively lead, hand-in-hand with assigned Mendix account executives, sales cycles where we are co-selling with a GSI. Track sales stages and pursuits in Salesforce.com
- Collaborate with Mendix cross functional teams to deliver exceptional partner experience to GSIs
- Collaborate with partner marketing lead to develop necessary marketing content for internal communications within GSI firms – e.g., educational marketing content to increase awareness of Mendix – and external communications in the market – e.g., joint webinars, press releases
- Collaborate with solution engineering lead to assist partners in training their technical teams, developing demo solutions, and building proofs of concept leveraging the Mendix platform
- Collaborate with additional cross functional teams as needed such as sales operations, academy/training team, customer evangelist team, etc.
- Collaborate with Siemens alliance counterparts and sales executives to support GSI partner activity and sales cycles in the manufacturing sector
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in sales, business development, or partnership management preferably for a SaaS technology company
- Exceptional professional presence, with experience and comfort delivering presentations to and building relationships with C-level executives
- Willing to travel as needed–10-20% travel
- Ability to navigate large organizations and build champions, externally within GSI partner firms and internally across Mendix/Siemens
- Strong attention to detail with a ‘zero defect’ mentality. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Competitive sales and business development mentality; eagerness to reach sales quota targets and achieve partner objectives
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with passion to learn about Mendix technology and low code development market
- Proficiency in PowerPoint for presentation development and in Excel for basic reporting and analysis
- Familiarity with sales tools such as Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, a bonus
Working at Mendix
Mendix has been recognized as a Best Cloud Computing Company to Work For by Forbes. With offices in 16+ countries including headquarters in Rotterdam and Boston, Mendix provides an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
While each employee brings their own unique cultures and personalities to the workplace, we collectively live by our Mendix Blue Guiding Principles:
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
legen Wert auf Chancengleichheit und freuen uns über Bewerbungen
von Menschen mit Behinderung.
We value equal opportunities and welcome
applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with
being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and
innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time