- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and necessary implementation features (OS, multitenancy, virtualization, containers, orchestration, elastic scalability, etc)
- Working with DevOps teams, SREs, and operations teams, collaboratively design, socialize, and implement our cloud strategy including guiding research and analysis, decision making, and alignment with our business objectives
- Establish close, collaborative trust relationship with the DI SW development teams
- Provide technical expertise to troubleshoot complex problems, designing and implementing solutions spanning private, public and hybrid cloud models
- Demonstrate broad understanding of current cloud technology environments and industry trends, providing recommendations, guidance, and implementation planning
- Advance and standardize where possible cloud consumption for modern and legacy application development and testing usage
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting a variety of IT cloud solutions
- Positive attitude, self-driven, with strong commitment to delivering high quality work
- Broad and thorough knowledge of cloud computing technologies (including AWS, Azure, and GCP) and current computing trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with global teams, including comfort in presenting up through executive level management, to effectively communicate complicated cloud architectures, options, and plans
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision in a flexible, fast-moving and dynamic environment
- Experience leading technical teams
- Cloud architecture and operations certifications for AWS, Azure, and GCP Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies, waterfall to agile (SAFe), CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps practices
- Strong understanding of virtualization and containers, including working with applications transforming to microservices architecture and cloud-based deployments
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently the White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.