At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Senior Information Developer
Siemens Digital Industries Software, an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization, is looking for an information developer for its Manufacturing Engineering Software products. In this role, you will apply your technical expertise, manufacturing knowledge, technical communication or instructional design skills to design and develop information solutions that assist global customers. Additionally, you will solve complex problems related to user-assistance and product use and conduct audience and task analyses. You will also use independent judgment to plan, design, and develop user-assistance content and work with product managers, customers, subject matter experts, localization experts, the company’s global technical assistance center, and sales support for product planning and development. At times, you will perform the role as subject matter expert and/or project manager and mentor less experienced co-workers.
* Create user-focused content, including online assistance, tutorials, graphics, and videos.
* Use complex XML development tools and Component Content Management System to create end-user products.
* Solve complex problems related to user-assistance and product use.
* Balance competing priorities and projects to deliver high quality content meeting all deadlines.
* Work effectively to develop content in a SAFe (Agile) development environment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technical Communication, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Manufacturing/Machining experience
* CAD/CAM or Teamcenter MFG experience
* 8+ years professional experience in technical communication, engineering, product design and/or manufacturing in a production environment
* Experience with developers in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Strong Project Management skills
* Excellent interview and research skills
* Polished ability to write concisely
Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal
Government. Recently the White House issued an Executive Order requiring
most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the
government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation
due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The
Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time
being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the
situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in
compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be
expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.