A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Specialist Engineer to join our Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) Design Team within the Siemens Rail Infrastructure CIS business.
We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion to lead Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) design across multiple projects by creating and delivering technical solutions within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for the projects’ contribution to overall business performance. The individuals general and specialist knowledge and understanding will be utilised to optimise the selection and application of appropriate technologies (existing or novel) and deliver those solutions using industry best practices.
The Specialist Engineer leads in the selection, configuration and deployment of Station Information and Security Systems. These solutions will typically comprise PA, CCTV, CIS and Help Point sub-systems, monitored and controlled via a common master station to form a complete, single integrated system. Delivery will include leadership of assigned project teams to innovatively deliver customer expectations through best value engineering.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Delivery of SISS engineering activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements for large multidisciplinary projects.
- Perform the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) and lead the SISS project engineering team to deliver engineering tasks in system development and implementation, including sub-contractor deployments where applicable.
- Responsible for the technical leadership, safe design, implementation, delivery, engineering risk and compliance of assigned projects.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage SISS engineering team tasks including resources and equipment, to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly report SISS engineering progress, issues and interventions of assigned projects.
- Lead engineering estimating activities for tenders and changes to assigned projects.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, techniques and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, industry and customer requirements.
- Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence and mentoring engineers through the Chartered/Incorporated accreditation process.
- Perform other appropriate duties from time to time as requested by the business.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject holding Chartered Engineer or equivalent status ideally with an IRSE License in a relevant category (e.g. SISS Design or Project Engineer categories)
- Proven experience in CRE and/or CEM role for delivery of SISS projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environments.
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of SISS engineers for effective design and delivery of SISS systems.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover across multiple diverse disciplines.
- Implementation and application of requirements capture and control.
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Strong knowledge of BS7671 wiring regulations.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Full Driving licence.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time