What are my responsibilities?
• Operate distributed Linux-based application servers in a high-security environment. This includes general system administration tasks, patching, hardening, monitoring, automation etc.
• Operate a cloud environment. This includes automation, monitoring, improvement.
• Maintain a next-generation log collection and Big Data Analytics framework
• Build / integrate automation tools to deploy and monitor cyber defense use cases.
• Operate and implement new functionalities through REST APIs
• Operate and develop Threat Intelligence feeds
• Support troubleshooting activities
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typically 1-2 years of work experience and experience in a related field is preferred, but not required. Successful demonstration or potential to perform key responsibilities as presented above. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• UNIX/LINUX system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, scripting
• Relevant certifications may be of advantage: e.g. AWS Certified Solution Architect, RedHat, Linux Academy
• Background in information security is of advantage
• Demonstrated ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
• English written and verbal communication skills
May have knowledge or experience in some of the following areas:
• Scripting skills – Required: Bash, Python. Optional: Perl, Powershell
• PostgreSQL, MySQL, ELK, Syslog-NG, JIRA/Confluence, Vmware, Kafka, Flink, Git, virtualization and container technologies
• Essential networking concepts (OSI, switching/routing, IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP), technologies (Firewalls, proxies, VPN, DNS, IDS) and tools (WireShark, tcpdump)
• Central log collection, indexes, searching and analysis
• Experience with infrastructure management & automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
• Interpret event logs in the context of security events/intrusions and make accurate conclusions