At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsSiemens PLM Software is seeking a senior solution architect in our platform group for designing, implementing and expanding the microservices framework that will be used by other application developers to build their microservices and SaaS applications. These microservices and applications should work both in cloud and on-premises environment.
Candidate must have a diverse set of skills and a forward-thinking attitude to develop/contribute to a microservices framework that supports different types of deployment, such as cloud and on-premises and different OS such as Windows or Linux. This role requires the candidate to have hands-on skills in microservices design, development, and ops. This role requires good interpersonal skills for working with product owners, project leads, cloud architects, and other application developers around the globe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the existing stateless distributed service framework to support SaaS applications of a world-leading mechanical CAD product.
• You will architect solutions based on functional and technical requirements, and incorporate architecture concepts and patterns so the solutions is secure, maintainable, scalable and performant.
• You will support and provide guidance and consultation to developers in various application teams on microservices design, API design and adoption of distributed services framework.
• You will mentor junior developers within the cloud service team on software development, cloud deployment and detailed level architecture design.
• You will maintain existing software code - analyze and resolve customer and internally reported issues.
• The successful candidate will contribute to solving the problems of capacity, performance, and stability of cloud and on-premises deployed microservices.
• You will follow Agile Software Development methodology.
• You will contribute to continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) tasks.
• You will adhere to best practices in coding, documentation, test automation, and deployment.
• Master’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• 8+ years’ experience as an Solution Architect/Sr. Engineer and strong understanding of cloud and on-premises platforms (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
• 5 years’ experience with AWS. Familiarity with other mainstream cloud providers IaaS and SaaS offerings, such as from Azure, Ali Cloud is a plus.
• Good understanding of the concepts in Authentication, authorization, and single sign-on.
• Have a good understanding of modern, cloud centric architectures and DevOps principles.
• Robust knowledge and understanding of one or more databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB or MongoDB.
• Experience with logging and observability solutions such as Fluentd, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana. Additional knowledge in Application Performance Monitoring products a plus.
• Experience with code analysis software (Sonarcube, Coverity), Git, and creation and maintenance of CICD pipelines.
• Ability to tackle problems involving large, complex systems.
• Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries
• Experience with Agile development and Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Proficiency in cross-location communication and the English language
• Experience working with containerization technologies and container orchestration platforms (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes etc.)
• Knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
• Experience in supporting large scale, production deployments on mainstream cloud platforms.
• Experience in working on both Windows and Unix platforms.
• Understands the best practices for microservices security during entire lifecycle from development to operation in production environment.
Certifications (any of the below):
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect (preferred)
• Google Cloud Architect
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.