Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Software Developer for angiography devices and develop device movements in the patient area for our customers using state-of-the-art device control techniques.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will work in an international team and implement embedded software for the control system of our angiography devices
- You will implement and enhance software solutions in order to enable movements for our customer workflows in the area of trajectories for 3D reconstructions and Perivision
- Your goal is to align the software consistently to support continuous integration and enable errors to be detected rapidly and at an early stage
- You will be responsible for the quality of the product, supporting production, customer service and the test center with error analyses in your area of responsibility
- You will take an interest in the latest technology developments and development standards, contributing your innovative ideas as prototypes and developing them through to the series maturity of new functionalities
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.healthcare.siemens.de/angio
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a master's degree in information technology or a comparable discipline
- You ideally have initial relevant professional experience in the field of software development for complex software systems
- We would also like to hear from you if you have a bachelor's degree or have completed a program of vocational and further training combined with additional professional experience in this field
- You have experience in the application of kinematic chains and robotics
- You should be familiar with the DICOM standard
- You can demonstrate a good knowledge of software development using the C++ programming language
- The concepts of OOAD in UML, TDD, BDD and refactoring are ideally already part of your toolbox as a developer
- You have a good knowledge of continuous integration
- You are familiar with agile development approaches and corresponding frameworks such as SCRUM and SAFe, and have already used these
- Ideally you have already worked in a medical environment or in a different field with comparable requirements, and are familiar with the applicable standards and regulatory requirements in these fields
Your attributes and skills:
- Your ability to communicate in English means you are able to operate successfully in an international environment; a knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Spatial imagination is one of your strengths
- You impress others with your structured and results-oriented approach, which is underpinned by high quality standards
- Your strong decision-making competence and outstanding communication skills make you well-suited for this role, which requires you to work independently
- Your willingness to actively tread new paths enables you to continuously expand your area of responsibility in a cross-functional team
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time