Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as a Software Developer for angiography devices to continue the development of unit movements in the patient area for our customers. The role will bring you into contact with the very latest in device control technology.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will work as part of an international team to realize embedded software for the control system used in our angiography devices
- You will create comprehensive definitions for industrial component and third-party table interfaces to simplify the implementation and integration of new movement functions
- Your objective will be to ensure the software focuses consistently on supporting continuous integration and enabling prompt and rapid error detection
- You will be responsible for the quality of the product and will assist the production and customer service functions and the Test Center with fault analysis within your area of competence
- You will have an interest in the latest technological developments and development standards and will contribute your innovative ideas as prototypes and see them through to maturity as new functionalities ready for the market
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.healthcare.siemens.de/angio
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a Master's degree in information technology or similar
- You have a number of years of professional experience in the field of software development for complex software systems
- You have extensive expertise in the definition of interfaces
- You have experience with the application of kinematic chains and robotics
- You are able to demonstrate a very good knowledge of software development using the C++ programming language
- You are thoroughly familiar with the TCP/IP protocol stack and have the experience necessary to analyze it using tools (such as Wireshark)
- You understand exactly what it takes to realize robust processes in a time-critical environment
- You have a good level of knowledge in the area of continuous integration
- A knowledge of CANOpen and Profinet would be an advantage
- Your toolbox as a developer already includes OOAD in UML, TDD, BDD and refactoring
- You are familiar with agile development methods and associated frameworks such as SCRUM and SAFe and have already put them into practice
- Ideally, you will already have experience of working in a medical setting or other area with similar requirements and will be familiar with the relevant standards and regulatory requirements in these areas
Your attributes and skills:
- Your English language skills enable you to operate effectively in an international environment; German language skills would be an advantage
- Your spatial visualization ability is one of your strengths
- You employ a structured, result-orientated approach underpinned by high quality standards
- Your ability to make decisions and your excellent communication skills allow you to work effectively without supervision
- Your willingness to explore new avenues enables you to expand your area of responsibility continuously in a cross-functional team
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time