Responsible for operating production equipment and assembling components according to drawings and guidelines to ensure product specifications and quality standards are met. They will inspect and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
· Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, bills of materials, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions
· Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools
· Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as calipers
· Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills
· Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes
· Inspect parts for surface defects
· Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
· Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths
· Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments
· Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results
· Clean up working areas and inventory tools
· HS diploma or equivalent
· Extensive experience with electromechanical assembly
· Extensive Wiring experience
· Direct assembly experience reading and interpreting schematic drawings
· Ability to physically lift 35 pounds
· Ability to communicate effectively in English (read, speak, write)
· Ability to collaborate successfully in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to learn and process information quickly and execute tasks successfully
· Ability to work safely and to operate power tools and equipment in a safe manner
· Extensive experience with electro mechanical assembly
· Extensive Wiring experience
· Must be able to read complex schematics
· There will be a technical test as a part of the hiring process
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements,
and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.