Siemens Industry is looking for a First Shift Production Supervisor for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 700 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly assembly workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. The base shift is 7AM-3:30PM, with OT starting at 5:00AM Monday – Friday and potentially a Saturday shift if needed from 5A-11A. This person will have 30-40 direct reports.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive initiatives to reduce production errors, improve quality and increase productivity
- Adhere to production schedule, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring progress, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting results through shift production summaries
- Plan, oversee and document training of personnel
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and schedule adherence
- Maintain working relationship with local union by following the collective bargaining agreement
- Liaison between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays,
Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. 5+ years of successful experience in an Assembly/Manufacturing in a supervisor role.
2. Mechanical Aptitude with experience using hand tools
3. Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
4. Project Management Experience
5. Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
6. Able to interpret or learn to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
7. Strong leadership and time management experience.
8. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, talent development and performance management.
9. Experience collaborating and team building with different internal organizations and locations.
10. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
11. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Experience with computer programming and/or database management.
2. Experience with SAP or similar MRP system.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.