Digital Twin Consultant for Aerospace Product Development - Multiple Locations
About us …
We’re Siemens. Award winning; Ranked on Fortune 500; Digital Engineering global leader. A collection of over 300,000 great minds who are all making the future. This position is with the North America Engineering and Consulting Services team of Siemens Digital Industries Software.
The Engineering and Consulting Services team develops state-of-the-art solutions for leading global companies in product ideation, development, and deployment. We pride ourselves in providing best-in-class technologies, unique solutions, and engineering best-practices to realize innovative mechatronic systems. Such smart solutions are sought by the industry to continuously enhance product performance, energy efficiency, user experience and sustainability and to profitably engineer them faster to the market. Combining traditional development techniques with bleeding-edge methods using Digital Twins, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, large-scale High-Performance simulations, and Virtual Testing, we provide unique capabilities as a preferred development partner for corporations developing next generation of smart sustainable products.
Join us …
Do you have the passion and ingenuity to develop and apply breakthrough virtual engineering methods to redefine the future of aero vehicle product engineering?
As part of our Engineering Services team, you will work closely with Siemens Aerospace customers to help them realize Business Transformation to design and develop their systems using model-based approaches. Our customers develop a range of products from fighter aircraft to weapons to satellite systems to drones and autonomous vehicles. By understanding the customers’ status and their needs, you will develop Digital Twin enabled methods and implement key parts of the Digital Thread infrastructure to realize Digital Engineering of their products.
Your challenge …
You will be part of the project team assisting Aerospace customers in developing Digital Twin models and virtual engineering approaches to transform their development processes. This position requires a unique combination of abilities:
- Serve as a senior engineer on Siemens Aerospace customer engagements in the area of Digital Transformation and MBSE process deployment.
- Provide thought leadership in Digital Twin based virtual methods for aerospace systems and participate in solution orchestration with appropriate design and analysis tools.
- Develop efficient technical approaches to model and analyze various aerospace subsystems such as Fuel Management, Avionics, Environmental controls, Hydraulic Actuation Systems.
- Work with Siemens global experts on integrated simulation solution and develop system simulation approaches to evaluate appropriate product attributes for design decisions.
- Use Siemens Simcenter portfolio of tools such as Amesim, Flomaster, System Analyst, System Architect and HEEDS along with 3rd party tools to develop simulation-based solutions that satisfy the needs of Aerospace customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for broader technical and management teams.
- Participate in technical activities and budget management for project delivery efficiency.
- Impart knowledge transfer on best practices to customers so that they can comprehensively utilize the delivered solution.
- Mostly work remotely, but able and willing to travel 25-50% (depending on the location)
This is a growth position for the team member to take on broader Technical or Management or Commercial responsibilities as they progress in their career. With its global footprint in multiple Industry segments, Siemens offers a wealth of limitless possibilities for professional growth.
For this position, you will typically have …
- MS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in system simulation and virtual engineering methods for complex aerospace systems:
- Demonstrable experience in mechatronic system multi-physics modeling of key aerospace systems such as fuel systems, hydraulic actuation networks, flight controls and avionics, environmental climate control systems.
- Knowledge in different aerospace vehicle attributes that are important to drive engineering design decisions.
- Experience in virtual design and integration, simulation-based verification and validation testing.
- Knowledge and experience in aerospace system simulation tools, executing and managing simulations and relevant virtual engineering processes that enable Model Based Engineering activities.
- Demonstrable experience in system physics modeling and/or control system modeling with simulation tools such as Amesim, Flomaster, MATLAB/Simulink/ Stateflow, Dymola, GT-Suite, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in using team collaboration tools for distributed simulation model and code development.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic team environment
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Self-motivated team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule
- Strong project management skills to structure own work and collaborate with team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be great if you additionally have …
- Experience in collaborative development and management of models and digital assets at an enterprise level using Teamcenter or TCsim or similar tools.
- Understanding and application of disciplined Systems Engineering processes including requirements analysis & management, architecture analysis, test scenario generation, systematic verification and validation of design from units to system level.
- Working knowledge of not only building the system models in physics-based tools, but also how these simulation activities connect with other groups for inputs or results and how these artifacts get deployed into the Digital Thread.
- Knowledge and experience in developing emerging aerospace technologies such as drones, electric aircraft and autonomous vehicles.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.