At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Functional Safety (FuSa) Core R&D team focus on develop of complex software that offers analysis, auto-correction, and simulation technology for functional safety. This technology allows customers to test and harden IC designs for functional safety in applications such as automotive, industrial, and aerospace systems where functional safety and high reliability are mandatory for compliance to safety standards
The candidate for this position will be a key member of FuSa Core R&D team and will contribute to the development of FuSa software tools using the best tenets of software production.
· Highly skilled with extensive proficiency and technical expertise
· The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- 3+years S/W development experience with MS or 5+years of S/W development experience with BS is required
- BS/MS. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent
· Strong background in algorithms and data structures and mathematics is required
· Required good understanding of fundamental concepts of digital design and verification
· Must have a strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different engineers from other groups are also required
· Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup personal goals and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position
· Awareness of hardware design languages Systemverilog and VHDL
Good to have qualifications
· Previous experience in EDA, large scale system is preferred.
· Awareness about software design patterns.
· Working knowledge of version management tools like SVN/GIT/Perforce.
· Familiarity of working using Agile/Scrum methodology.
· Experience in scripting languages (Perl, Python or TCL)
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software program for products with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems
- Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas
- Provides input to the technical direction for one area of a product
- Occasional consults with customers/Product Engineers regarding future upgrades and products
- Able to solve complex technical problems
- Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Development and optimization of advanced functionalities for Functional Safety core products
- Design, develop and optimize complete software systems using scientific analysis
- Modify existing software to correct critical errors in real customer flows/setup
- Interact with other teams like marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features
- Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
- Travel requirement will be minimum, only in case of very urgent needs.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.