Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And, we’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
Siemens Mobility are seeking a proactive and engaging Senior Planner to work within a professional project team delivering exciting Railway Electrification projects in the London area. You will be empowered to influence what we do and how we do it. Your collaborative involvement will be critical to the success of the projects. The ideas you bring and high standards you expect will help drive us forward!
This is a hands-on role, with a major-project delivery focus, there will also be opportunity to take on leadership responsibilities as the business grows.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Project scopes include engineering, manufacturing, installation, testing and commissioning within existing rail environments.
- Directly undertake the preparation of accurate project programmes ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Ensure that programmes are developed, monitored and reported on through all stages of the project life-cycle using Primavera P6, Excel and Power BI.
- Management of cost and resource loaded programmes and associated reports required to inform decision making to impact project success
- Ensure contract requirements with respect to time and cost are fully met and administered throughout all projects
- Management of critical interfaces between all stakeholders at project commencement including but not limited to rail possessions/access, design dependencies, booking of critical resource, client requirements and subcontract capability.
- Responsible for ensuring progress and productivity is effectively monitored against the project plan and to put in place any corrective measures, where necessary
- Champion the Siemens Project Management process and ensure all key milestones are monitored across all programmes.
- Coaching/Mentoring other Planners to support the overall development of our planning community.
- Liaison with Bidding Teams to assess programme requirements for tender production and ensure these are prepared to meet the highest standards during the tendering process.
What Skills, Experience and Behaviors will I need?
- Applicants must hold a qualification to HNC or equivalent, relevant to the role
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Project Management (preferred)
- Extensive planning & controls experience working within a railway environment
- Proven experience in establishing programmes and operating Primavera P6
- Contractual awareness and experience NEC contracts and associated processes
- Good capability in MS Office applications, in particular, MS Excel
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness
- Collaboration is at the heart of what we do – you will be able to engage different people and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Open mindedness – you will be able to consider different opinions and are open to challenge
- Proactive nature – you take the initiative and get things done
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time