Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Material Handling Operator. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL.
This role will be responsible for the picking of production and placement of inbound materials. Responsibilities also include delivery of materials to manufacturing as well to have an active role in the cycle counting of inventory. Candidate should also be able to handle cross functional duties (ie, Shipping, Receiving, and Stores)
• Pick and storage of material following documented work instructions
• Recognize, report, and troubleshoot and correct process non-conformances
A qualified candidate will report to the Supply Chain Logistics Manager and work as part of Warehouse team. Candidate will have experience in operating a forklift, shipping and receiving which includes: loading / unloading trucks, banding, skidding, stretch-wrapping pallets, labeling, utilizing Fed Ex, UPS as well as other forms of transportation for domestic as well as export of packages. In addition, qualified individual will be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel& Word).
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
• Ability to lift minimum of 50 pounds
• Responsible for the timely picking and delivery of materials to meet shipment, service and other customer demands.
• Report and document non-conformances
• Work time is 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
• Execute duties in compliance with regulatory agencies
• Responsible for staying up-to-date with training associated with receiving and hazardous materials
• Unloading of trucks for live unload shipments
• Flexibility to stay late if carriers do not show up on time
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Materials Management certification
• Two years of experience in shipping /receiving
• Minimum travel may be required for this position
• Experienced forklift driver
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School Diploma
• APICS certification
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
• Experience with FedEx, UPS and DHL
• Experience with freight forwarders and international shipments
• Experience with HazMat shipments / certification
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.