Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently seeking a Building Automation Sales Team Leader for our Columbus area branch. The Sales Team Leader will be leading a team of sales professionals who sell solutions tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. The primary customers will be Construction Managers, General Contractors, Mechanical Contractors and End Users. Developing direct reports to achieve commitment to Siemens philosophy and customer satisfaction, as well as to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- In addition to sales leadership responsibilities this is a working sales role which will directly interact and sell Siemens solutions and services to the customer, and will have their own individual quota responsible for.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Managing employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills, including communicating goals.
- Reviewing proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives.
- Assisting employees in determining market price, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Providing input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Actively participating in senior-level selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts, considering these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Maintaining trade contacts and engage in industry association functions in accordance with company policy.
- Executing and refine strategy to build relationship with the engineering community to increase Siemens specification rate.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidate with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED a minimum requirement) and directly related experience will be considered
- 5 years of sales experience in building automation or a related field
- 8+ years of sales experience, including 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility within a similar building automation industry
- Local market and industry knowledge
- Experience with building automation systems, electrical systems, construction in the life sciences, healthcare, higher education and commercial office vertical markets, along with fast paced working environments
- Must be willing and available to travel 15%
- Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.