Siemens IT designs, implements, and operates IT environments for the over 250.000 employees of Siemens AG. The IT team at Siemens is looking for a (Senior) Systems engineer for Security Operations to support our globally distributed team. We are responsible for managing Identity and Security at Siemens, from on-premises Active Directory to Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365 in the cloud.
This is your role: (Senior) Systems engineer for Security Operations
As (Senior) Systems engineer for Security Operations you are responsible for analyzing, designing, automating, implementing, and helping to operate our Azure security service offerings for our internal customers.
Candidates for the (Senior) Systems engineer for Security Operations position should have subject matter expertise in data analysis and ideally have experience with security controls that protect identity, access, data, applications, and networks in cloud and hybrid environments. Ideally a candidate would also be able to automate use-cases based on Microsoft Sentinel.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate in interesting and challenging projects (e.g., implementation of new IT-services which are relevant for Siemens employees and customers around the globe, specifically in the areas of threat protection and zero trust)
- Analyze, design, implement and manage close to real-time detection and response processes based on Microsoft Sentinel
- Collaborate with our central Security Operations and Incident Response teams on internal cases
- Act as a trusted consultant for our internal customers when they have questions or raise new demands regarding security operations
- Collect, evaluate, and manage the demands from our internal customers
- Coordinate with our internal and external technical experts to ensure IT-compliance (e.g., Penetration Testing, Export Control or Data privacy)
Your qualifications and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, or a related field would be preferred
- At least 5 years of professional experience and extensive knowledge of Security Operations or Incident Response (e.g., with Microsoft Sentinel, IBM QRader, Splunk or others)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft 365 platform and its capabilities, especially in the area of Identity and Security would be preferred
- Basic knowledge of cloud-computing components
- High affinity for future-oriented IT technologies especially automation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in German would be preferred
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Please send your CV in English, otherwise your application will not be considered. As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
This opportunity provides flexibility in location meaning that we are accepting candidates from all over the world. Your preferred location will be asked during your application.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time