The role is attached to the Business Development Team within the Fluid & Thermal Domain, part of the Simulation and Test Solutions divisions of Siemens Digital Industries Software. The team consists of individuals who are each responsible for leading the business strategy for their industry segment. This individual will have US focus but will also lead global effort in subject industries.
This team helps develop solutions to customer problems by working closely with the Simcenter Industry Team to create and capture customer value. This involves working with the sales, marketing and product management teams, as well as senior management. Along with customer engagements to drive the business forward.
Key performance indicators for the position include revenue growth from the Aerospace/Defense and Marine Industries, and development and execution of a strategic business plan for the fluid and thermal domain.
The role has two key functions:Business development. Supporting the sales and marketing teams to drive business for Simcenter in the Fluid and Thermal Domain within the Aerospace/Defense and Marine Industries. This includes:
- Collaborating and coordinating with other teams within the Simulation & Test segment, across the Siemens Digital Industries Software
- Developing sales and marketing collateral in support of Fluid and Thermal Domain industry sales initiatives, aligned with Industry strategy.
- Training the sales team through regular enablement sessions.
- Visiting and presenting to Aerospace/Defense and Marine Industries customers and at dedicated events.
- Identifying and quantifying market opportunities as an input to Product and Senior management.
- Working with Product Management (and Application specialists) to elaborate product roadmaps.
- Working with Siemens DISW Aerospace/Defense and Marine Industry teams and Academic Partners to identify and validate mid-to-long term needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales or business development role.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
- US Citizen to enable collaboration with US Defense Customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills.
- A self-starter able to work in a globally distributed organization.
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative team, with a focus on excellence.
- Demonstrate strategic business planning experience (able to develop and drive long term business plans).
- Global travel up to 30% - approximately 15% within the US, 15% rest of the world.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Background in the use of Fluid & Thermal simulation, such as 3D Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), 1D or systems simulation, Multiphysics simulation.
- Experience selling engineering solutions to Aerospace/Defense and/or Marine industrial companies.
- Completed professional Sales Training
- Experience with Challenger Sales approach.
- Member of Industry relevant association or professional society, presented at their conferences on CFD related topic
- Product management experience
- Familiarity with US Aerospace & Defense and/or Marine industry
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.