At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The basic function of this role is to minimize total cost by maximizing work force capabilities through prioritizing, planning and developing the scope of maintenance work orders. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will take the lead with backlog review and prioritization activities along with the Maintenance Manager. The Planner/Scheduler will scope work orders to estimate cost, labor, materials, equipment, and area coordination to complete the job in a safe and cost-effective manner.
This position is expected to produce job plans that allow maintenance crafts to work safely and efficiently throughout the facility. In addition, this role will perform the duties of the maintenance scheduler and assist in tracking, reviewing and analyzing KPIs.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position occasionally requires accessibility during off-hours and weekends.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Facility Planner/ Scheduler, you will be responsible for:
- Develop job steps for work to be performed including – resource requirements (crafts and durations), parts and materials, special tools, technical info/sketches/drawings, safety/environmental requirements, Management of Change (MOC) information and Quality needs.
- Create purchase orders for necessary components and participate in the bidding process and requisitioning of third party services.
- Coordinate the review of work backlog with production and maintenance personnel to ensure that all work is appropriately prioritized, planned, scheduled, and executed.
- Work closely with maintenance manager to level workforce requirements.
- Provide planning support during shutdowns as required.
- Create and receive requisitions for parts and external maintenance services as required.
- Provide time, resource and cost estimates for work to be performed.
- Coordinate daily and weekly maintenance planning meetings between Maintenance and Operations.
- Support Preventive Maintenance (PM) program.
SAP / CMMS / CADD
- Ensure the quality of the CMMS data in an SAP environment.
- Periodic review and update of the information contained in the SAP database.
- Ensure the quality of the Maintenance Backlog. Responsible for planning backlog.
- Ensure completed data on work orders is accurate and up to date.
- Tracking, reviewing and analyzing KPIs to make informed recommendations for performance improvement.
- Assists in the creation and/or changes of equipment BOMs and maintaining accurate drawing files on the company ‘Vault’ CADD drawing system.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- High school diploma with preferred relative technical school or college degree. Relative experience will be given strong consideration in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum five (3) years of experience as a Maintenance Planner in a manufacturing environment. Consideration will be given to candidates with applicable trade experience.
- Self-starter with a solid work history and excellent references along with the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Strong organization and people skills.
- Strong computer and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of maintenance work processes.
- Have a passion for driving excellence.
- Familiar with industrial plant equipment and specifications.
- General knowledge of maintenance planning tools.
- Knowledge of maintenance management software – SAP, CADD, Excel.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by State law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.