Uniting what’s next in traffic
As a global leader for intelligent traffic solutions, we connect the dots of a new mobility revolution.
With digitalization and the use of disruptive technologies we enable cities, highway authorities, and (mobility) operators to create a new world of mobility with vehicles that are shared and connected, autonomous tunnel automation, smart tolling and adaptive traffic systems for simulation and prediction. All that allows for a totally new level of traffic management that is truly proactive.
This will transform our cities into places where people can live, work and move more freely with better quality of life, less accidents and with cleaner air. With our expertise and our solutions we contribute to solving our climate crisis.
Urban mobility must and will change. And we will lead the way!
Your new role
We are looking for a Civil Works and Installation Commodity Manager to join our Procurement function. In the position you would have global responsibility for the sourcing and supply of civil works and installation into the Yunex Traffic business. Key stakeholder management is a focal point of the role and will require the chosen candidate to work closely with project teams across multiple regions.
- You will implement a global strategy for a key commodity that delivers against the core goals of the business.
- You will develop and manage a diverse and multi-faceted sub-contractor/supplier base that supports with the strategy goals of the business.
- You will work closely with the bid, project and engineering teams in all our regions to drive change, engagement and value-add to projects.
- You will ensure a standardised approach is adopted across all regions for managing the civil works and installation scope through the project bid and contract execution phases.
- You will run sourcing events as part of the strategy such as e-bids and e-auctions.
- You will identify new digitalisation opportunities or new process methods to enhance the commodity and leverage benefits for the business.
- You will lead contract negotiations with key suppliers to manage the risk and ensure performance levels for Yunex Traffic.
- You will balance and achieve against the focus of delivery, cost, quality and innovation.
- You have a university degree (Bachelor) in a business or engineering discipline.
- You also have many years of professional experience in strategic procurement within an industrial environment with a strong understanding of commodity/category management methodology.
- Subcontractor management experience in a project-based environment is preferred.
- You bring excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills and have a proven track record of introducing new ways of working and managing change across a global organisation.
- You have experience working with an extensive global supply base and internal network.
- You have an innovative mindset and enjoy adapting to an ever-changing landscape.
- Furthermore, you are a good negotiator with proven successful results.
- For your job, you will have fluent English and be willing to travel (approx. 10%). German language skills are an advantage.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Yunex Traffic before applying.
The contact person handling this job ad is Timm Lotz.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time