We are seeking a Sales Manager for our Vendor Business with an extensive background in the equipment finance industry. The ideal candidate will manage a department that consists of a regional Mid-Market Team, Inside Sales/Sales Support and a Vertical Sales team. Industries served are the construction, machine tool, transportation, material handling and packaging industries.
The Head of Vendor Finance will drive the sales activities, own go-to-market strategy and ensure the achievement of operational business goals and targets for growth and profitability.
The position will report into our Head of Sales Commercial Finance Americas and will be home-based.
- Provide strong leadership, training, and development of the Vendor Finance department including acquiring top talent, monitoring progress against set goals, and managing performance-based issues
- Ensure continued sales growth by growing existing vendor base as well as defining and implementing market strategies, and identifying strategic targets of new vendor relationships in the Construction/Industrial Manufacturing/Material Handling/Packaging Industry sectors
- Implement sales procedures, meeting, reporting and technology utilization (SieSmart, SieSales, Vendor Portal) to promote pipeline development and maximize closing success
- Coach managers within the department on the skills needed to lead and manage their teams
- Lead the team in calling on large corporate clients to drive expansion while collaborating to identify new vendor prospects
- Create a customer-focused team culture to drive continued understanding of customer needs
- Partner with risk management and other cross functional departments to create synergy and collaboration between teams to promote process improvements and evaluate new strategies and industries to fuel growth
- Contribute to the business planning, budgeting and forecasting activities within SFS COF AM in line with Group guidelines and timescales. Review and report on progress against plans, budgets and forecasts and recommend actions to ensure key business performance indicators are met.
- Support the structuring of vendor program agreements
- Drive high performance and accountability for superior results and employee engagement while also providing constructive feedback
- Provide ongoing coaching regarding sales techniques and product knowledge, driving the team to success and motivating them to embrace a Siemens ownership culture
- Engage with other leaders in SFS COF Americas on both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Support structuring and negotiating of complex transactions and special projects integrating legal, risk, and operational aspects
- Understand industry trends and competitive landscape
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 15 years leasing/finance experience, thereof at least ten years of responsible management experience and leading teams of direct reports
- Proven track record in vendor programs for both small ticket and middle market programs
- Ability to execute business strategy and contribute to targeted sales, relationship management objectives and business returns
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience with software/technology finance, managed services and pay-per-use products a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of credit fundamentals and ability to structure standard and complex product financial offerings
- Demonstrated understanding of risk versus return
- Ability to travel, meet with clients/prospects, attend industry events and conferences
- Functional knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.” in the requirements section.
Siemens is a global innovator focusing on digitalization and automation for the process and manufacturing industries, and is a leader in power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure, and distributed energy systems. For more than 100 years, the company has developed technologies that support multiple American industries including manufacturing, energy, healthcare, and infrastructure.
Siemens Financial Services (SFS) is an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance and leveraged finance solutions with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure & cities markets.
The Commercial Finance (COF) team is a business unit of SFS. We leverage our long-term relationship and technology know-how to create integrated financial solutions that complement Siemens as well as third party vendors. Our company is passionate about growth and innovation. We are constantly striving to drive new business, improve products and processes, and enhance the customer journey. We collaborate in an open environment of trust and continuously learn so that we can better support our customers. If you have the same growth mindset, apply today!
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.